The BGPf consists of the following Spamhaus lists:
- Botnet Controller List (BCL). IPs belonging to servers that host botnet command and control (C&C) nodes. Blocking connections to C&C nodes prevents botnets from contacting infected computers (bots). While the infection is still present, the bot is rendered harmless.
- Do Not Route or Peer (DROP) list. Networks (/24 or larger) that are owned and operated by cybercriminals. These networks host malicious websites, send malware and engage in other types of criminal activity. Blocking the connections from these networks to your users will unable any communication with your users or any attempts to hack your servers.
- Extended DROP (EDROP) list. Subnets (/24 or larger) that are owned and operated by cybercriminals. These subnets host malicious websites, send malware and engage in other types of criminal activity. Blocking the connections from these networks to your users will unable any communication with your users or any attempts to hack your servers.
The BGPf combines these lists into a single BGP feed. In order to activate the data feed your network administrator needs to configure the router at your Internet gateway to peer with the Spamhaus BGPf router, loading the feed into your router’s DENY table. Your router then rejects all network traffic to or from IPs listed on the BGPf.
- Stops malicious traffic at your network’s edge.
- Blocks network traffic to and from known botnet C&Cs and IPs that engage in malicious activity.
- Blocks IPs controlled by malware and bots.
- BGPf can be quickly setup within minutes.
- Prevents communication by infected mobile devices and computers on your network.
What Customers are Saying
“The Spamhaus BGPf is an excellent service, allowing us to mitigate cyber threats and to block malicious traffic in both directions. It enables us to identify and clean infected computers within our internal network quickly, and to prevent cyber criminals from stealing sensitive data from our internal network using Trojan horses. It helps us to ensure the confidentiality and integrity of our network and the services we provide.”
—IT Security representative, Leading Cyber security company
“Very simple BGP configuration and adding a null route is all that was needed – impact on the router was minimal and was a simple setup. All in all I highly recommend this service to any enterprise that has control over their external routers and need to take a multi layered security approach. The results speak for itself and the cost is so much lower than most other similar solutions we have researched.”
—CSO, leading logistics company
Feel free to contact us at [email protected] to learn more about the BGPf service.